Feb 1, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
You recall on Friday we linked to an angry email sent by a Yankees fan, canceling his season tickets because he thought the team had “lost its focus on winning” this offseason. Today he speaks, courtesy of an interview with the New Stadium Insider.
For what it’s worth he comes off far more lucid and educated here than he did in that email, which he says was a quick and unedited thing he sent from his iPhone while on the subway. Fair enough as far as that goes, but the fact that he still seems to think that the team isn’t committed to winning in 2010 and that he’s still canceling his ticket package doesn’t change the fact that, as a fan, the guy has some abnormally high standards.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17