Feb 1, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
You recall on Friday we linked to an angry email sent by a Yankees fan, canceling his season tickets because he thought the team had “lost its focus on winning” this offseason. Today he speaks, courtesy of an interview with the New Stadium Insider.
For what it’s worth he comes off far more lucid and educated here than he did in that email, which he says was a quick and unedited thing he sent from his iPhone while on the subway. Fair enough as far as that goes, but the fact that he still seems to think that the team isn’t committed to winning in 2010 and that he’s still canceling his ticket package doesn’t change the fact that, as a fan, the guy has some abnormally high standards.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires