Feb 1, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
You recall on Friday we linked to an angry email sent by a Yankees fan, canceling his season tickets because he thought the team had “lost its focus on winning” this offseason. Today he speaks, courtesy of an interview with the New Stadium Insider.
For what it’s worth he comes off far more lucid and educated here than he did in that email, which he says was a quick and unedited thing he sent from his iPhone while on the subway. Fair enough as far as that goes, but the fact that he still seems to think that the team isn’t committed to winning in 2010 and that he’s still canceling his ticket package doesn’t change the fact that, as a fan, the guy has some abnormally high standards.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)