Feb 1, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
You recall on Friday we linked to an angry email sent by a Yankees fan, canceling his season tickets because he thought the team had “lost its focus on winning” this offseason. Today he speaks, courtesy of an interview with the New Stadium Insider.
For what it’s worth he comes off far more lucid and educated here than he did in that email, which he says was a quick and unedited thing he sent from his iPhone while on the subway. Fair enough as far as that goes, but the fact that he still seems to think that the team isn’t committed to winning in 2010 and that he’s still canceling his ticket package doesn’t change the fact that, as a fan, the guy has some abnormally high standards.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 7
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 159
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (172)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)