Feb 2, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Yesterday Rob Neyer wondered whether the Mariners — who have had what most agree to be the most successful offseason of anyone — have added too many good players:
I’m wondering if maybe it’s time for Jack Zduriencik to call off his little off-season shopping spree.
Sure, he’s picked up Cliff Lee and Chone Figgins and Eric Byrnes and now Ryan Garko on the cheap. But for the life of me I can’t figure
out where everyone’s going to play. I mean, I think I wrote about the
Mariners’ roster logjam before Byrnes and Garko came aboard.
Rob admits that too many good players may be a good problem to have, but he’s concerned that there won’t be enough playing time for them all, especially if the team feels obligated to give an ineffective Ken Griffey his plate appearances.
In that case he had better not read Jon Paul Morosi’s tweets relaying that the Mariners may still try to bring in Orlando Hudson.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (129)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)