Feb 2, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Yesterday Rob Neyer wondered whether the Mariners — who have had what most agree to be the most successful offseason of anyone — have added too many good players:
I’m wondering if maybe it’s time for Jack Zduriencik to call off his little off-season shopping spree.
Sure, he’s picked up Cliff Lee and Chone Figgins and Eric Byrnes and now Ryan Garko on the cheap. But for the life of me I can’t figure
out where everyone’s going to play. I mean, I think I wrote about the
Mariners’ roster logjam before Byrnes and Garko came aboard.
Rob admits that too many good players may be a good problem to have, but he’s concerned that there won’t be enough playing time for them all, especially if the team feels obligated to give an ineffective Ken Griffey his plate appearances.
In that case he had better not read Jon Paul Morosi’s tweets relaying that the Mariners may still try to bring in Orlando Hudson.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)