Feb 2, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
The Dodgers have re-signed Jeff Weaver to a minor league contract, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
Weaver did a fine job last season in a swingman role for the Dodgers, compiling a 6-4 record, a 3.65 ERA and a 64/33 K/BB ratio in 28 appearances (seven starts). He will hold the same type of gig in 2010 for Los Angeles, though expecting similar results might be wishful thinking. Weaver turns 34 this season and is undoubtedly at the tail end of his career. His fastball averaged just 89.8 MPH last season and he relies heavily on “junk” these days to retire opposing hitters.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17