Feb 2, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
The Dodgers have re-signed Jeff Weaver to a minor league contract, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
Weaver did a fine job last season in a swingman role for the Dodgers, compiling a 6-4 record, a 3.65 ERA and a 64/33 K/BB ratio in 28 appearances (seven starts). He will hold the same type of gig in 2010 for Los Angeles, though expecting similar results might be wishful thinking. Weaver turns 34 this season and is undoubtedly at the tail end of his career. His fastball averaged just 89.8 MPH last season and he relies heavily on “junk” these days to retire opposing hitters.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)