Feb 2, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
The Dodgers have re-signed Jeff Weaver to a minor league contract, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
Weaver did a fine job last season in a swingman role for the Dodgers, compiling a 6-4 record, a 3.65 ERA and a 64/33 K/BB ratio in 28 appearances (seven starts). He will hold the same type of gig in 2010 for Los Angeles, though expecting similar results might be wishful thinking. Weaver turns 34 this season and is undoubtedly at the tail end of his career. His fastball averaged just 89.8 MPH last season and he relies heavily on “junk” these days to retire opposing hitters.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)