Feb 2, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Joe Mauer isn’t spending all of his time these days hammering out the details of a potentially historic new contract with the Minnesota Twins. Nope, this guy can multi-task, which is only one reason he’s so valuable.
In addition to shopping for a new, umm, everything, Mauer also took time on Tuesday to don one of those funny-looking skintight suits with the sensors all over it so his motions could be captured for the upcoming video game MLB 10 The Show.
Mauer, the cover boy for the game, which hits shelves on March 2, told the AP that wearing the suit was “uncomfortable at first, but as I started doing it more and more, it started feeling more comfortable.”
The suit he wore contained sensors at all of his flex points so cameras, shooting at 120 frames per second, could capture his motions. I’m assuming the motions captured were things like his swing, his crouch behind the plate, and perhaps his throwing motion. But if they’re smart, they also captured what Mauer looks like when signing a huge contract, counting his money, and lifting MVP awards.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)