Feb 2, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Joe Mauer isn’t spending all of his time these days hammering out the details of a potentially historic new contract with the Minnesota Twins. Nope, this guy can multi-task, which is only one reason he’s so valuable.
In addition to shopping for a new, umm, everything, Mauer also took time on Tuesday to don one of those funny-looking skintight suits with the sensors all over it so his motions could be captured for the upcoming video game MLB 10 The Show.
Mauer, the cover boy for the game, which hits shelves on March 2, told the AP that wearing the suit was “uncomfortable at first, but as I started doing it more and more, it started feeling more comfortable.”
The suit he wore contained sensors at all of his flex points so cameras, shooting at 120 frames per second, could capture his motions. I’m assuming the motions captured were things like his swing, his crouch behind the plate, and perhaps his throwing motion. But if they’re smart, they also captured what Mauer looks like when signing a huge contract, counting his money, and lifting MVP awards.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)