Feb 2, 2010, 9:49 PM EST
Roger Clemens apparently has been watching Animal House.
Bluto: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Boon: Forget it he’s rolling
The Rocket is rolling, and he’s not giving up. Nothing is over until he says it is, including his battle with former trainer Brian McNamee.
Seeking to revive the lawsuit against his former trainer Brian McNamee – a suit that is now on life support – Clemens has appealed a federal judge’s 2009 ruling that gutted the defamation case Clemens filed against McNamee three weeks after the Mitchell Report was published.
The argument from Clemens’ legal team offers all sorts of reasons why the case should go forward, which I’ll let you read about over at the New York Daily News. Meanwhile, McNamee has filed his own defamation suit against Clemens, which is pending in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn.
So not only are both of these guys unlikable men of questionable character, they’re also quite litigious, which is good news for the lawyers of the world. Rooting for a winner in this legal rumble is like trying to choose between bunions and hammer toes as your favorite arthritic foot condition.
Remember when Andy Pettitte was accused of using steroids? Remember how he admitted it, then everyone forgot about it, because nobody really cares? Ah, the good old days.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)