Feb 2, 2010, 9:49 PM EDT
Roger Clemens apparently has been watching Animal House.
Bluto: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Boon: Forget it he’s rolling
The Rocket is rolling, and he’s not giving up. Nothing is over until he says it is, including his battle with former trainer Brian McNamee.
Seeking to revive the lawsuit against his former trainer Brian McNamee – a suit that is now on life support – Clemens has appealed a federal judge’s 2009 ruling that gutted the defamation case Clemens filed against McNamee three weeks after the Mitchell Report was published.
The argument from Clemens’ legal team offers all sorts of reasons why the case should go forward, which I’ll let you read about over at the New York Daily News. Meanwhile, McNamee has filed his own defamation suit against Clemens, which is pending in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn.
So not only are both of these guys unlikable men of questionable character, they’re also quite litigious, which is good news for the lawyers of the world. Rooting for a winner in this legal rumble is like trying to choose between bunions and hammer toes as your favorite arthritic foot condition.
Remember when Andy Pettitte was accused of using steroids? Remember how he admitted it, then everyone forgot about it, because nobody really cares? Ah, the good old days.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)