Adam Jones' mother would like to set the record straight

Feb 3, 2010, 6:53 PM EDT

We had some fun with Adam Jones earlier today, but I just received a comment that provides much more in the way of background.  Except where the Mets are involved I’m nothing if not fair, so take it away Mrs. Bradley:

Let me clarify any misconceptions that are currently out there with
reference to my son Adam Jones being pulled over during his interview.
First of all, Jonesy was on his way to pick me up for our weekly lunch
date and was doing the interview via his cell phone with which he wears
a headset, even though the laws in our state do not require he uses
one. Second, while driving and doing the interview he was pulled over
for his windows being too dark and NOTHING ELSE!!!!! Adam is a very
conscientious young man and he knows RIGHT FROM WRONG! Not being
biased, I am being honest. If our state had a no cell phone or text law
he would abide by it, but we don’t. This was not the problem!!!! The
problem was his tint on his windows and if any of you have ever been to
Arizona when it is 117 degrees or higher here, you would understand the
circumstances!!!!

Adam happened to come directly to me after the stop and the interview
and explained the ENTIRE SCENARIO and I can the entire situation
because I also live in AZ and have been told that MY WINDOWS ARE TOO
DARK, so what would that make me? 6 out of every 10 cars in certain
parts of Arizona a tinted due to the extreme heat factor, so before you
start paasing judgement, come on out to AZ and get heated in the 117
DEGREE SWELTERING HEAT AND THEN WE CAN TALK! Until then, STEP!!!!

Respectfully,

Andrea Bradley, mother of Adam LaMarque Jones, Centerfielder for the
Baltimore Orioles

And yes, she’s legit. She’s been mentioned in Peter Schmuck’s column before, and the IP address checks out.

So here’s the deal, guys: ballplayers’ moms are hanging around here, so let’s clean up our act, OK?  Watch that language and for God’s sake, Gator, put some pants on.

1. Michael - Feb 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM

All sons are good sons.

2. Matt S. - Feb 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Adam Jones’s mom calls him “Jonesy”? Really?
    How exactly did you check this IP address out?

3. Lawrence From Plattekill - Feb 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I don’t know. In that third sentence in the first paragraph, she used 5 exclamation points, but then in no other sentence after that did she use more than 4. If she had used 5 throughout, I might have been convinced, but now I’m not sure.

4. Ben - Feb 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Craig just got pwned.

5. Andrea Bradley - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Yes I do call him Jonesy. In fact, I gave him the nickname while he was in high school and it carried on to the Mariners and then to Baltimore. Why is that so hard to believe?

6. Andrea Bradley - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Not necessarily, but in this case, YOU ARE RIGHT!

7. Andrea Bradley - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Actually Matt, I gave Adam the nickname in High School and it followed him to the Mariners and on to Baltimore! Why is that so hard to believe. I read everything on Adam and when I feel the need to comment I do, so I DID!!!

8. Andrea Bradley - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Let it go already Lawrence. I sometimes type how I am speaking in my head. I am his mom, although I don’t have to prove it to anyone. I just like to set the record straight when it comes to MY BOY!!!!!!!!!! Gave you a few more, because I am yelling at you right now! LOL!

9. Andrea Bradley - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM

What does that mean? Regardless, I know who I am and I stand by what I said!

10. Jay - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM

You’re awesome, Andrea. I wish my mom would bring out the ALL CAPS whenever I get pulled over.

11. klippel trenaunay syndrome - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Seriously? Don’t misunderstand what I mean, I agree with you partly, but when you say something like this you really have to be ready to back it up.

12. AndrewRickli - Feb 4, 2010 at 5:51 AM

YEAH ANDREA!!! Way to set ‘em straight! I’ll see you in Baltimore this year!!!

13. John Willumsen - Feb 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM

All of Ms. Bradley’s points are fair, and frankly you have to admire her sense of humor and her willingness to step into the fray. Plus a mother sticking up for her son is always a fine thing. But we got away from the main point Craig was making, which is that for his own sake and for the sake of others on the road, Mr. Jones should probably try to avoid talking on his cellphone, even hands-free, while driving, as it has been shown to be a dangerous combination. Of course it’s something we all do from time-to-time, no question about it.
    Oh and Ms. Bradley, “pwned” is internet slang for “owned;” what Ben was saying was essentially “Craig got put in his place.”

14. Lawrence From Plattekill - Feb 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM

OK, now I’m convinced.

15. Ryan - Feb 4, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Epic thread! Andrea, I’d like to pay you to ride with me whenever I drive. With glowing words like those, no cop will ever give me a ticket! I’m semi-friendly and shower at least once a week, what do you say?

16. Andy - Feb 4, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Can Mrs. Bradley comment on all the baseball threads, Craig? Please? Can she be a columnist on CTB? God this is so wonderful.

17. personalized watch - Feb 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I do not sometimes comment on blog posts but I had to stop in and tell you thanks for posting this, I fully agree and with some luck folks will see your point.

Three legends off to Cooperstown