Feb 3, 2010, 3:54 PM EDT
Orioles’ outfielder Adam Jones was being interviewed via telephone on XM Radio’s MLB Home Plate show a few minutes ago. Not just via telephone, but via cell phone, and not just via cell phone, but via cell phone while driving down the freakin’ highway. MLB Home Plate producer Brent Gambill tweets the details:
He called back into the show a few minutes later. Turns out he was pulled over for his windows being tinted too dark. Brent isn’t sure where Jones was calling from, but he lives in Arizona, and they don’t have a cell phone-while-driving law, so he got off lightly.
Still, bad form Jones: driving distracted kills, dude.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 3
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 20
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 25
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him