Feb 3, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
Russel Branyan doesn’t have a job yet. Neither does Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye and a bunch of other corner outfielder/DH types. Brian Giles’ agent, however, says that he’s probably gonna sign a deal soon:
Brian Giles’ agent said Tuesday that he’s
optimistic his client will have a contract for the 2010 season
soon . . . Bick said eight to 10 teams have inquired about Giles this
offseason, though he declined to identify them.
Almost certainly a minor league deal, but the fact that anyone is interested the guy who was among baseball’s worst everyday players in 2009 is rather surprising. Especially when you consider that the dude is pretty much a scumbag.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)