Feb 3, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
Russel Branyan doesn’t have a job yet. Neither does Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye and a bunch of other corner outfielder/DH types. Brian Giles’ agent, however, says that he’s probably gonna sign a deal soon:
Brian Giles’ agent said Tuesday that he’s
optimistic his client will have a contract for the 2010 season
soon . . . Bick said eight to 10 teams have inquired about Giles this
offseason, though he declined to identify them.
Almost certainly a minor league deal, but the fact that anyone is interested the guy who was among baseball’s worst everyday players in 2009 is rather surprising. Especially when you consider that the dude is pretty much a scumbag.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)