Feb 3, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street reports that the deal is for $3.5 million.
Hmm, that’s $17,500 on the high side of the midpoint! I hereby declare this a resounding victory for team Kotchman!
And I get the fail of the day for getting my math wrong. This is why I am a blogger.
2:29 P.M.: Casey Kotchman and the Mariners had exchanged arbitration figures and were poised to head to arbitration, but Jim Street of MLB.com reports that they’ve settled.
Street hasn’t reported the numbers yet, but given that Kotchman was seeking $3.9 million while the team had offered $3.135 million, I’m guessing it wasn’t a complicated or acrimonious negotiation. In fact, it may very well have involved a coin, darts and/or a round-robin of paper, scissors, rock.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 24
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges