Feb 3, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street reports that the deal is for $3.5 million.
Hmm, that’s $17,500 on the high side of the midpoint! I hereby declare this a resounding victory for team Kotchman!
And I get the fail of the day for getting my math wrong. This is why I am a blogger.
2:29 P.M.: Casey Kotchman and the Mariners had exchanged arbitration figures and were poised to head to arbitration, but Jim Street of MLB.com reports that they’ve settled.
Street hasn’t reported the numbers yet, but given that Kotchman was seeking $3.9 million while the team had offered $3.135 million, I’m guessing it wasn’t a complicated or acrimonious negotiation. In fact, it may very well have involved a coin, darts and/or a round-robin of paper, scissors, rock.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)