Feb 3, 2010, 4:07 PM EST
UPDATE: Street reports that the deal is for $3.5 million.
Hmm, that’s $17,500 on the high side of the midpoint! I hereby declare this a resounding victory for team Kotchman!
And I get the fail of the day for getting my math wrong. This is why I am a blogger.
2:29 P.M.: Casey Kotchman and the Mariners had exchanged arbitration figures and were poised to head to arbitration, but Jim Street of MLB.com reports that they’ve settled.
Street hasn’t reported the numbers yet, but given that Kotchman was seeking $3.9 million while the team had offered $3.135 million, I’m guessing it wasn’t a complicated or acrimonious negotiation. In fact, it may very well have involved a coin, darts and/or a round-robin of paper, scissors, rock.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (312)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)