Feb 3, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street reports that the deal is for $3.5 million.
Hmm, that’s $17,500 on the high side of the midpoint! I hereby declare this a resounding victory for team Kotchman!
And I get the fail of the day for getting my math wrong. This is why I am a blogger.
2:29 P.M.: Casey Kotchman and the Mariners had exchanged arbitration figures and were poised to head to arbitration, but Jim Street of MLB.com reports that they’ve settled.
Street hasn’t reported the numbers yet, but given that Kotchman was seeking $3.9 million while the team had offered $3.135 million, I’m guessing it wasn’t a complicated or acrimonious negotiation. In fact, it may very well have involved a coin, darts and/or a round-robin of paper, scissors, rock.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)