Feb 3, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street reports that the deal is for $3.5 million.
Hmm, that’s $17,500 on the high side of the midpoint! I hereby declare this a resounding victory for team Kotchman!
And I get the fail of the day for getting my math wrong. This is why I am a blogger.
2:29 P.M.: Casey Kotchman and the Mariners had exchanged arbitration figures and were poised to head to arbitration, but Jim Street of MLB.com reports that they’ve settled.
Street hasn’t reported the numbers yet, but given that Kotchman was seeking $3.9 million while the team had offered $3.135 million, I’m guessing it wasn’t a complicated or acrimonious negotiation. In fact, it may very well have involved a coin, darts and/or a round-robin of paper, scissors, rock.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)