Feb 3, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
Deep thought: when Darryl Strawberry is saying you’re messin’ up, you need to take a look in the mirror:
Darryl Strawberry was asked for his assessment of the Mets’ offseason changes Tuesday night, and he gave an answer that will be hard for anyone to argue.
“I’ll put it like this: It could’ve been better,” Strawberry said before he was among the honorees at the 30th annual Thurman Munson awards dinner in Manhattan. “You could’ve put a couple more pieces into that puzzle for them.”
That’s right, Omar, Fred and Jeff: you’re being called out for not fulfilling your potential by the man who wrote the book on the subject. Congratulations.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12