Feb 3, 2010, 9:19 AM EST
Deep thought: when Darryl Strawberry is saying you’re messin’ up, you need to take a look in the mirror:
Darryl Strawberry was asked for his assessment of the Mets’ offseason changes Tuesday night, and he gave an answer that will be hard for anyone to argue.
“I’ll put it like this: It could’ve been better,” Strawberry said before he was among the honorees at the 30th annual Thurman Munson awards dinner in Manhattan. “You could’ve put a couple more pieces into that puzzle for them.”
That’s right, Omar, Fred and Jeff: you’re being called out for not fulfilling your potential by the man who wrote the book on the subject. Congratulations.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 20
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 17
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)