Feb 3, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
As far as pre-spring training time-wasters go, this is one of the better ones: lar from Wezen-Ball ranking the best baseball statues on a ballpark-by-ballpark basis.
He has the Pirates’ first, and it’s hard to disagree with that. Nice statues with clean lines and bold poses. A lot of generic, no-name ballplayer statues bring up the rear. The lowest-ranked park with an actual, specific ballplayer is the Babe Ruth statue at Camden Yards. I agree, it’s kind of a lazy statue. I mean, you don’t need to go crazy or anything, but a little action is nice.
Anyway, it’s something to do while we wait to cross another baseball-free day off the calendar.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 15
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 101
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 159
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (159)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)