Feb 3, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
As far as pre-spring training time-wasters go, this is one of the better ones: lar from Wezen-Ball ranking the best baseball statues on a ballpark-by-ballpark basis.
He has the Pirates’ first, and it’s hard to disagree with that. Nice statues with clean lines and bold poses. A lot of generic, no-name ballplayer statues bring up the rear. The lowest-ranked park with an actual, specific ballplayer is the Babe Ruth statue at Camden Yards. I agree, it’s kind of a lazy statue. I mean, you don’t need to go crazy or anything, but a little action is nice.
Anyway, it’s something to do while we wait to cross another baseball-free day off the calendar.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)