Feb 3, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
As far as pre-spring training time-wasters go, this is one of the better ones: lar from Wezen-Ball ranking the best baseball statues on a ballpark-by-ballpark basis.
He has the Pirates’ first, and it’s hard to disagree with that. Nice statues with clean lines and bold poses. A lot of generic, no-name ballplayer statues bring up the rear. The lowest-ranked park with an actual, specific ballplayer is the Babe Ruth statue at Camden Yards. I agree, it’s kind of a lazy statue. I mean, you don’t need to go crazy or anything, but a little action is nice.
Anyway, it’s something to do while we wait to cross another baseball-free day off the calendar.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 243
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (244)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (90)