Feb 3, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
As far as pre-spring training time-wasters go, this is one of the better ones: lar from Wezen-Ball ranking the best baseball statues on a ballpark-by-ballpark basis.
He has the Pirates’ first, and it’s hard to disagree with that. Nice statues with clean lines and bold poses. A lot of generic, no-name ballplayer statues bring up the rear. The lowest-ranked park with an actual, specific ballplayer is the Babe Ruth statue at Camden Yards. I agree, it’s kind of a lazy statue. I mean, you don’t need to go crazy or anything, but a little action is nice.
Anyway, it’s something to do while we wait to cross another baseball-free day off the calendar.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)