Feb 3, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
There will be new fake grass for the Rogers Centre this year. It’s supposed to look more like real grass and have fewer seams, but the real impetus for it is that it can be removed and replaced faster than the old turf, thereby allowing the good people at Rogers Communications to book more concerts and tractor pulls and curling tournaments and stuff than they could before.
That’s nice and all, but I’m with Dick Allen on this one: If a cow can’t eat it, I don’t wanna play on it. Or watch, it. Really, if given the choice, I will watch any other game before I’ll watch a Rays or Blue Jays game, and previously a Twins game, simply because I can’t stand to watch games on turf.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)