Feb 3, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
There will be new fake grass for the Rogers Centre this year. It’s supposed to look more like real grass and have fewer seams, but the real impetus for it is that it can be removed and replaced faster than the old turf, thereby allowing the good people at Rogers Communications to book more concerts and tractor pulls and curling tournaments and stuff than they could before.
That’s nice and all, but I’m with Dick Allen on this one: If a cow can’t eat it, I don’t wanna play on it. Or watch, it. Really, if given the choice, I will watch any other game before I’ll watch a Rays or Blue Jays game, and previously a Twins game, simply because I can’t stand to watch games on turf.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)