Feb 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Washington has signed former Rangers outfielder Kevin Mench to a minor league deal. When last we saw Mench he was leaving the Hanshin Tigers in the middle of the season after hitting .148 and “dealing with fatigue
and anxiety issues,” and before that it was a couple of lost seasons in Milwaukee and Toronto.
In other words, this is probably not the same dude who hit 25 jacks a year for the Rangers a few years ago.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 24
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 30
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)