Feb 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Washington has signed former Rangers outfielder Kevin Mench to a minor league deal. When last we saw Mench he was leaving the Hanshin Tigers in the middle of the season after hitting .148 and “dealing with fatigue
and anxiety issues,” and before that it was a couple of lost seasons in Milwaukee and Toronto.
In other words, this is probably not the same dude who hit 25 jacks a year for the Rangers a few years ago.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)