Feb 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Washington has signed former Rangers outfielder Kevin Mench to a minor league deal. When last we saw Mench he was leaving the Hanshin Tigers in the middle of the season after hitting .148 and “dealing with fatigue
and anxiety issues,” and before that it was a couple of lost seasons in Milwaukee and Toronto.
In other words, this is probably not the same dude who hit 25 jacks a year for the Rangers a few years ago.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 83
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 39
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 37
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)