Feb 3, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
So tweets Buster Olney, saying that San Diego and Torrealba are “on the verge” of a deal.
Torrealba hit .291/.351/.380 with two homers and 31 RBI last season with the Rockies, and for a while there seemed poised to sign with the Mets. But then again so have a lot of dudes this winter, and we know how that’s all gone.
On the bright side, now there’s no incentive for him to settle his litigation with the Mets!
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 9
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)