Feb 3, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
So tweets Buster Olney, saying that San Diego and Torrealba are “on the verge” of a deal.
Torrealba hit .291/.351/.380 with two homers and 31 RBI last season with the Rockies, and for a while there seemed poised to sign with the Mets. But then again so have a lot of dudes this winter, and we know how that’s all gone.
On the bright side, now there’s no incentive for him to settle his litigation with the Mets!
- Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 0
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 74
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)