Feb 3, 2010, 10:52 AM EST
So tweets Buster Olney, saying that San Diego and Torrealba are “on the verge” of a deal.
Torrealba hit .291/.351/.380 with two homers and 31 RBI last season with the Rockies, and for a while there seemed poised to sign with the Mets. But then again so have a lot of dudes this winter, and we know how that’s all gone.
On the bright side, now there’s no incentive for him to settle his litigation with the Mets!
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)