Feb 4, 2010, 10:58 AM EDT
But . . . but what excuse will I use to get out of mowing the lawn now?
For the first time in the network’s 15 years of broadcasting Major
League Baseball games, FOX has scheduled two nights of regular-season
games as part of its 2010 Saturday schedule, according to a news
release issued Wednesday by the network . . . Depending on the region of the country, fans will be able to watch
Interleague matchups of the Yankees-Mets, Red Sox-Phillies,
Cubs-Rangers or Tigers-Dodgers on May 22. On the June 26 schedule will
be Yankees-Dodgers, Red Sox-Giants or Cubs-White Sox.
I’m cool with this. For as much as we all like day baseball, these are bound to get better ratings than the afternoon broadcasts which have to compete with pools and shopping and yard work and all of that. And since the games will be starting at 7:30 or so it’s not like there will be much of an excuse for missing the end like often happens during the playoffs.
Now, if they’d just get rid of Joe Buck and McCarver, we’d really have something here.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)