Feb 4, 2010, 10:58 AM EST
But . . . but what excuse will I use to get out of mowing the lawn now?
For the first time in the network’s 15 years of broadcasting Major
League Baseball games, FOX has scheduled two nights of regular-season
games as part of its 2010 Saturday schedule, according to a news
release issued Wednesday by the network . . . Depending on the region of the country, fans will be able to watch
Interleague matchups of the Yankees-Mets, Red Sox-Phillies,
Cubs-Rangers or Tigers-Dodgers on May 22. On the June 26 schedule will
be Yankees-Dodgers, Red Sox-Giants or Cubs-White Sox.
I’m cool with this. For as much as we all like day baseball, these are bound to get better ratings than the afternoon broadcasts which have to compete with pools and shopping and yard work and all of that. And since the games will be starting at 7:30 or so it’s not like there will be much of an excuse for missing the end like often happens during the playoffs.
Now, if they’d just get rid of Joe Buck and McCarver, we’d really have something here.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)