Feb 4, 2010, 10:58 AM EST
But . . . but what excuse will I use to get out of mowing the lawn now?
For the first time in the network’s 15 years of broadcasting Major
League Baseball games, FOX has scheduled two nights of regular-season
games as part of its 2010 Saturday schedule, according to a news
release issued Wednesday by the network . . . Depending on the region of the country, fans will be able to watch
Interleague matchups of the Yankees-Mets, Red Sox-Phillies,
Cubs-Rangers or Tigers-Dodgers on May 22. On the June 26 schedule will
be Yankees-Dodgers, Red Sox-Giants or Cubs-White Sox.
I’m cool with this. For as much as we all like day baseball, these are bound to get better ratings than the afternoon broadcasts which have to compete with pools and shopping and yard work and all of that. And since the games will be starting at 7:30 or so it’s not like there will be much of an excuse for missing the end like often happens during the playoffs.
Now, if they’d just get rid of Joe Buck and McCarver, we’d really have something here.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)