Feb 4, 2010, 1:05 AM EDT
I can certainly understand why professional athletes would be unable to stop from staring at themselves whenever they happen to wander in front of a mirror. After all, the vast majority of them are supreme physical specimens. But let’s hope the practice of taking racy photos of themselves in front of these mirrors is not going to be a growing trend.
Because if this is going to become the biggest thing in the sporting world since Zubaz, we’re going to have to endure a lot more awkward apologies from the likes of Greg Oden, and today, Grady Sizemore. As reported by the AP:
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore never intended for semi-nude photos of him to be viewed publicly and said he regrets the embarrassment their exposure has caused.
Sizemore said he had sent the photos to his girlfriend, but they were stolen from an e-mail account and posted online. He went so far as to ask MLB for help in stopping the distribution of the embarrassing pics.
So just remember people, if you’re going to take a picture of yourself, just keep it on your camera, or if you must, carry around a couple wallet-sized shots. But don’t, under any circumstance, put it on the Internet, because as we all know, you just can’t trust the World Wide Web. Do you hear me Prince Fielder? Don’t even think about it!
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)