Feb 4, 2010, 1:05 AM EDT
I can certainly understand why professional athletes would be unable to stop from staring at themselves whenever they happen to wander in front of a mirror. After all, the vast majority of them are supreme physical specimens. But let’s hope the practice of taking racy photos of themselves in front of these mirrors is not going to be a growing trend.
Because if this is going to become the biggest thing in the sporting world since Zubaz, we’re going to have to endure a lot more awkward apologies from the likes of Greg Oden, and today, Grady Sizemore. As reported by the AP:
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore never intended for semi-nude photos of him to be viewed publicly and said he regrets the embarrassment their exposure has caused.
Sizemore said he had sent the photos to his girlfriend, but they were stolen from an e-mail account and posted online. He went so far as to ask MLB for help in stopping the distribution of the embarrassing pics.
So just remember people, if you’re going to take a picture of yourself, just keep it on your camera, or if you must, carry around a couple wallet-sized shots. But don’t, under any circumstance, put it on the Internet, because as we all know, you just can’t trust the World Wide Web. Do you hear me Prince Fielder? Don’t even think about it!
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)