Feb 4, 2010, 1:05 AM EDT
I can certainly understand why professional athletes would be unable to stop from staring at themselves whenever they happen to wander in front of a mirror. After all, the vast majority of them are supreme physical specimens. But let’s hope the practice of taking racy photos of themselves in front of these mirrors is not going to be a growing trend.
Because if this is going to become the biggest thing in the sporting world since Zubaz, we’re going to have to endure a lot more awkward apologies from the likes of Greg Oden, and today, Grady Sizemore. As reported by the AP:
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore never intended for semi-nude photos of him to be viewed publicly and said he regrets the embarrassment their exposure has caused.
Sizemore said he had sent the photos to his girlfriend, but they were stolen from an e-mail account and posted online. He went so far as to ask MLB for help in stopping the distribution of the embarrassing pics.
So just remember people, if you’re going to take a picture of yourself, just keep it on your camera, or if you must, carry around a couple wallet-sized shots. But don’t, under any circumstance, put it on the Internet, because as we all know, you just can’t trust the World Wide Web. Do you hear me Prince Fielder? Don’t even think about it!
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)