Feb 4, 2010, 1:05 AM EDT
I can certainly understand why professional athletes would be unable to stop from staring at themselves whenever they happen to wander in front of a mirror. After all, the vast majority of them are supreme physical specimens. But let’s hope the practice of taking racy photos of themselves in front of these mirrors is not going to be a growing trend.
Because if this is going to become the biggest thing in the sporting world since Zubaz, we’re going to have to endure a lot more awkward apologies from the likes of Greg Oden, and today, Grady Sizemore. As reported by the AP:
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore never intended for semi-nude photos of him to be viewed publicly and said he regrets the embarrassment their exposure has caused.
Sizemore said he had sent the photos to his girlfriend, but they were stolen from an e-mail account and posted online. He went so far as to ask MLB for help in stopping the distribution of the embarrassing pics.
So just remember people, if you’re going to take a picture of yourself, just keep it on your camera, or if you must, carry around a couple wallet-sized shots. But don’t, under any circumstance, put it on the Internet, because as we all know, you just can’t trust the World Wide Web. Do you hear me Prince Fielder? Don’t even think about it!
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 7
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)