When ballplayers meet Twitter

Feb 4, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT

Walkoff Walk runs an excellent weekly feature called “This Tweet in Baseball” in which the week’s finest real ballplayer tweets are collected.  The latest is up today.  Sadly, it was posted before new Twitter user Matt Holliday decided to tweet thusly:

“Big fan of the new Creed album, helps me get through long bike workout”

Nine minutes later:

“Save it all you creed haters, I’m sure your iPod is filled with perfection. Let me know what’s cool”

I feel bad for Holliday. I mean, sure, Creed sucks and there’s no excuse for it, but all of the responses he’s about to get from the indie music enthusiasts are going to be way more insufferable than “Human Clay” is. And that’s saying something.

1. Charles Gates - Feb 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I listen to bands that don’t even exist yet.

2. Alex K - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:00 PM

At least he doesn’t try to make people agree with him about Creed. I’m glad he knows what he likes and isn’t afraid to say, “I like what I like so don’t even try to talk me out of it.”
    And as is most times the case…awesome tags!

3. BCTF - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:35 PM

What does shrimp have to do with BASEBALL?!?!!?!!????!11//???

4. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Feb 4, 2010 at 3:29 PM

tags: no I don’t want to hear about that obscure band you like

You are just on fire today!

5. YankeesfanLen - Feb 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Jeez, I was going to tweet him about this great garage band in Seaside Heights, just two blocks from where they film “Jersey Shore”, that does a super “Proud Mary” cover.

6. themarksmith - Feb 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Hey, Creed was the first concert I went to, and I have to say that I was a little upset when they broke up. I haven’t listened to the new CD yet, but Matt Holliday’s stock just went up in my eyes. Now, if we want to talk about Alter Bridge, then we can talk about what sucks.

7. Grant - Feb 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Man, I gotta get in the habit of reading your tags. Luckily the commenters usually let me know when they’re good.

And, BCTF, bow to your shrimp video overlord!

8. Ryan - Feb 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM

HAHAHA, I said the same thing to myself this morning when I read the one about the ‘no bleeping way.’
    Anyway, image related to thread: (SFW)

9. Josh - Feb 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM

No, I don’t want to hear about that obscure stat you like.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5280)