Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
This morning a couple of Orlando Hudson’s new teammates used Twitter to offer their thoughts on the Twins signing the veteran second baseman late last night.
First, here’s a tweet from reliever Pat Neshek:
Love the O-Hud signing, what a team!
And now here’s one from center fielder and leadoff man Denard Span:
Wake up this morning to see we signed the o dog! If ur a twins fan today u have to be juiced! I thought we already were lookin good before we got him but now it’s lookin pretty darn good! I think he’s gonna be good for the clubhouse as well! Another veteran presence
Incidentally, Span joined Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has already posted 127 tweets. Seriously. And some of them are pretty entertaining, including a string of updates about farting up the Minneapolis airport on the way back to his home in Florida and then a bit about how Minnesotans are crazy to live in the horrible weather all year.
Span is right, of course. About the weather, about farting, about Hudson, about everything.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)