Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
This morning a couple of Orlando Hudson’s new teammates used Twitter to offer their thoughts on the Twins signing the veteran second baseman late last night.
First, here’s a tweet from reliever Pat Neshek:
Love the O-Hud signing, what a team!
And now here’s one from center fielder and leadoff man Denard Span:
Wake up this morning to see we signed the o dog! If ur a twins fan today u have to be juiced! I thought we already were lookin good before we got him but now it’s lookin pretty darn good! I think he’s gonna be good for the clubhouse as well! Another veteran presence
Incidentally, Span joined Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has already posted 127 tweets. Seriously. And some of them are pretty entertaining, including a string of updates about farting up the Minneapolis airport on the way back to his home in Florida and then a bit about how Minnesotans are crazy to live in the horrible weather all year.
Span is right, of course. About the weather, about farting, about Hudson, about everything.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)