Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
This morning a couple of Orlando Hudson’s new teammates used Twitter to offer their thoughts on the Twins signing the veteran second baseman late last night.
First, here’s a tweet from reliever Pat Neshek:
Love the O-Hud signing, what a team!
And now here’s one from center fielder and leadoff man Denard Span:
Wake up this morning to see we signed the o dog! If ur a twins fan today u have to be juiced! I thought we already were lookin good before we got him but now it’s lookin pretty darn good! I think he’s gonna be good for the clubhouse as well! Another veteran presence
Incidentally, Span joined Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has already posted 127 tweets. Seriously. And some of them are pretty entertaining, including a string of updates about farting up the Minneapolis airport on the way back to his home in Florida and then a bit about how Minnesotans are crazy to live in the horrible weather all year.
Span is right, of course. About the weather, about farting, about Hudson, about everything.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 90
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 70
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)