Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
This morning a couple of Orlando Hudson’s new teammates used Twitter to offer their thoughts on the Twins signing the veteran second baseman late last night.
First, here’s a tweet from reliever Pat Neshek:
Love the O-Hud signing, what a team!
And now here’s one from center fielder and leadoff man Denard Span:
Wake up this morning to see we signed the o dog! If ur a twins fan today u have to be juiced! I thought we already were lookin good before we got him but now it’s lookin pretty darn good! I think he’s gonna be good for the clubhouse as well! Another veteran presence
Incidentally, Span joined Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has already posted 127 tweets. Seriously. And some of them are pretty entertaining, including a string of updates about farting up the Minneapolis airport on the way back to his home in Florida and then a bit about how Minnesotans are crazy to live in the horrible weather all year.
Span is right, of course. About the weather, about farting, about Hudson, about everything.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)