Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
This morning a couple of Orlando Hudson’s new teammates used Twitter to offer their thoughts on the Twins signing the veteran second baseman late last night.
First, here’s a tweet from reliever Pat Neshek:
Love the O-Hud signing, what a team!
And now here’s one from center fielder and leadoff man Denard Span:
Wake up this morning to see we signed the o dog! If ur a twins fan today u have to be juiced! I thought we already were lookin good before we got him but now it’s lookin pretty darn good! I think he’s gonna be good for the clubhouse as well! Another veteran presence
Incidentally, Span joined Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has already posted 127 tweets. Seriously. And some of them are pretty entertaining, including a string of updates about farting up the Minneapolis airport on the way back to his home in Florida and then a bit about how Minnesotans are crazy to live in the horrible weather all year.
Span is right, of course. About the weather, about farting, about Hudson, about everything.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)