Jemaine Dye: call your agent

Feb 5, 2010, 5:48 PM EST

I sometimes wonder if ballplayers who are still unsigned as February dawns get nervous.  I still don’t know if they do or not, but based on this tweet from Jon Paul Morosi, they probably should be:

Asked a scout about Jermaine Dye today. His response: “I forgot about him.”

27 homers and 81 RBI last year. But what have you done for us lately?

1. YankeesfanLen - Feb 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Jermaine & Johnny- I’m ready for my close up, Mr. Glass

2. Patrick - Feb 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Craig: I challenge you to find an appropriate use for that tag later this season.

3. Craig Calcaterra - Feb 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Does it have to be Jermaine Dye, or can I use someone else? Because it’s almost a certainty that I could work that same concept into a comment about another player in an “And That Happened” or something.

4. Old Gator - Feb 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Kirk Gibson must be having a blast watching this offseason unfold. I bet you there hasn’t been such a subtle and pervasive episode of collusion in America since Tailgunner Joe waved his list of three dozen gimpy designated hitters at congress. Yet another old man searching for a home. This wouldn’t have happened to these guys if they were from some closely knit culture that honored its elderly, like the Ainu or the Navajos.
    Speaking of which, I see here in this month’s issue of The Journal of Irreproducible Results that the National Progeria Association is looking for yet another chairperson.

5. Don in Dallas - Feb 6, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Old Gator – do you have your own blog somewhere or does this satisfy your need to write? I come to this website to read your
    comments as much as catch up on baseball. I would say write for Conan’s new show, but unfortunately most of your quips would fly way over the head of the Great Unwashed.

6. Old Gator - Feb 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Nope, I don’t have my own blog, although there have been several suggestions from sources who, perhaps understandably, wish to remain anonymous that I set up my own web site. They already knew better than to suggest that I do something as bourgeois as set up on Facebook, MySpace or (eccchhhh) Twitter. Unfortunately, as the case may be, I couldn’t be bothered with the attention and maintenance setting myself up would demand. I prefer to infest other blogs and leave my comments on them to hatch, then sit back and enjoy watching the wolverines trying to climb up to them. Think of me as a digital brood parasite, as it were.
    Believe it or not, I’m actually a reasonably widely published and well respected literary and cultural critic, with five books to my credit under my real name and a forthcoming one under a nom de spume. You’d never know that from reading my droppings here, of course – but then, for me anyway, that’s exactly the point.

7. search engine optimisation - Feb 8, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Hello, nice comment. I look forward to your next topic. Thanks, Jessica

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5671)
  2. M. Kemp (3211)
  3. J. Kang (3029)
  4. C. McGehee (3018)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (3003)
  1. J. Upton (2946)