Feb 5, 2010, 9:51 AM EDT
UPDATE: Heyman tweets the contract details: $1.25 million plus a $2 million club option for 2011. Not so much, but as Drew notes below, I wish the Nats would take a chance on Ian Desmond to start the season. What do they have to lose?
12:24 A.M.: According to MLB.com’s Bill Ladson, the Nationals have agreed to terms with second baseman Adam Kennedy.
Ladson has also been told that Kennedy will serve as the “everyday second baseman” in Washington. It seems that may change sooner than later, though, considering Ian Desmond hit .354/.428/.461 in 205 plate appearances at Triple-A and probably wouldn’t mind debuting in the bigs at a position other than his native short. Unless, of course, the Nationals want to deny Cristian Guzman at-bats, which wouldn’t be a terrible idea considering the tumbling stat lines we’ve seen from him the last three years:
Guzman’s 2007 OPS: .846
Guzman’s 2008 OPS: .785
Guzman’s 2009 OPS: .696
Sometimes it doesn’t take much at all to recognize honest regression. Dare we call this an upgrade? Or at least a positive?
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 81
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (87)