Feb 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
The Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states are going to experience snowpocalypse today. To fight off the cabin fever, head on over to Seamheads, where Mike Lynch relays a bunch of fun baseball anecdotes from 1912-13 he came across while researching a book he’s writing.
My favorite: the one which ends with Hall of Famer Rube Marquard saying “That poor woman certainly proved to be a jinx. Her shrill shrieks affected me more than the cries of all the
fans inside the park.”
If you’re in the path of the storm, stay off the roads, drink something fun and read a bunch of baseball stuff today.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)