Feb 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states are going to experience snowpocalypse today. To fight off the cabin fever, head on over to Seamheads, where Mike Lynch relays a bunch of fun baseball anecdotes from 1912-13 he came across while researching a book he’s writing.
My favorite: the one which ends with Hall of Famer Rube Marquard saying “That poor woman certainly proved to be a jinx. Her shrill shrieks affected me more than the cries of all the
fans inside the park.”
If you’re in the path of the storm, stay off the roads, drink something fun and read a bunch of baseball stuff today.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8