Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
Joel Sherman tweets that the Blue Jays are no longer interested in bringing back Carlos Delgado. They and the Mets were the only two teams to have shown any interest in him all winter. The Mets peeled out when they signed Fernando Tatis. The Jays have decided that Adam Lind is a better bet at DH.
Every single report about Delgado this winter made mention of the fact that the dude simply can’t move around very well. This has all but ruled him out as a first baseman. Given that there really aren’t a lot of DH jobs available, one can’t help but think that we’ve seen the last of Delgado in the Majors.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 10
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 152
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (154)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)