Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
Joel Sherman tweets that the Blue Jays are no longer interested in bringing back Carlos Delgado. They and the Mets were the only two teams to have shown any interest in him all winter. The Mets peeled out when they signed Fernando Tatis. The Jays have decided that Adam Lind is a better bet at DH.
Every single report about Delgado this winter made mention of the fact that the dude simply can’t move around very well. This has all but ruled him out as a first baseman. Given that there really aren’t a lot of DH jobs available, one can’t help but think that we’ve seen the last of Delgado in the Majors.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)