Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
Joel Sherman tweets that the Blue Jays are no longer interested in bringing back Carlos Delgado. They and the Mets were the only two teams to have shown any interest in him all winter. The Mets peeled out when they signed Fernando Tatis. The Jays have decided that Adam Lind is a better bet at DH.
Every single report about Delgado this winter made mention of the fact that the dude simply can’t move around very well. This has all but ruled him out as a first baseman. Given that there really aren’t a lot of DH jobs available, one can’t help but think that we’ve seen the last of Delgado in the Majors.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 0
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)