Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
Joel Sherman tweets that the Blue Jays are no longer interested in bringing back Carlos Delgado. They and the Mets were the only two teams to have shown any interest in him all winter. The Mets peeled out when they signed Fernando Tatis. The Jays have decided that Adam Lind is a better bet at DH.
Every single report about Delgado this winter made mention of the fact that the dude simply can’t move around very well. This has all but ruled him out as a first baseman. Given that there really aren’t a lot of DH jobs available, one can’t help but think that we’ve seen the last of Delgado in the Majors.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)