Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
Joel Sherman tweets that the Blue Jays are no longer interested in bringing back Carlos Delgado. They and the Mets were the only two teams to have shown any interest in him all winter. The Mets peeled out when they signed Fernando Tatis. The Jays have decided that Adam Lind is a better bet at DH.
Every single report about Delgado this winter made mention of the fact that the dude simply can’t move around very well. This has all but ruled him out as a first baseman. Given that there really aren’t a lot of DH jobs available, one can’t help but think that we’ve seen the last of Delgado in the Majors.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)