Feb 6, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, the Nationals have signed veteran left-hander Shawn Estes to a minor league contract. Estes, who turns 37 later this month, didn’t appear in the majors last season, but was 3-4 with a 3.07 ERA in 13 starts with Triple-A Albuquerque in the Dodgers organization.
Of course, Mets fans know him best for famously throwing behind Roger Clemens “in retaliation” for a pair of incidents with Mike Piazza. We’ve all seen the video dozens of times, but it’s easy to forget that Estes and Piazza later homered off Clemens in the very same game. Anyhow, Estes will be sure to pack his pinpoint accuracy for camp with the ‘Nats.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)