Feb 6, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
It’s not like there’s some kind of Nazarite oath afoot here that will sap Tim Lincecum of all of his power in the event his locks are shorn, but I still don’t like this one bit:
His hair is 3 inches shorter. He said he cut it before last month’s
baseball writers’ banquet in New York because “it looked unhealthy.”
In other news, Lincecum says says that he’s currently storing his two Cy Young awards in the backseat of his car.
If I worked for the Giants and was preparing for the arbitration I’d stay away from the “Lincecum hasn’t earned a $13 million salary” argument because that’s just false. I would, however, try out a “Lincecum wouldn’t know what to do with $13 million even if he had it” argument. Dude doesn’t even have a bookshelf.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)