Feb 6, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
It’s not like there’s some kind of Nazarite oath afoot here that will sap Tim Lincecum of all of his power in the event his locks are shorn, but I still don’t like this one bit:
His hair is 3 inches shorter. He said he cut it before last month’s
baseball writers’ banquet in New York because “it looked unhealthy.”
In other news, Lincecum says says that he’s currently storing his two Cy Young awards in the backseat of his car.
If I worked for the Giants and was preparing for the arbitration I’d stay away from the “Lincecum hasn’t earned a $13 million salary” argument because that’s just false. I would, however, try out a “Lincecum wouldn’t know what to do with $13 million even if he had it” argument. Dude doesn’t even have a bookshelf.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)