Feb 8, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
What, there was some championship game last night other than Los Leones del Escogido from the Dominican Republic beating Venezuela’s Leones del Caracas in the Caribbean Series?
Oh, that. Look, if you want to talk about that parade of commercials and half-dead rock bands that was occasionally interrupted by a football game, Mr. Florio and the gang will certainly have you covered today over at PFT. As far as CTB is concerned, however, last night’s game was significant only insofar as its completion marks the end of our long annual nightmare that is the NFL season and the beginning — more or less — of baseball season.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)