Feb 8, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
What, there was some championship game last night other than Los Leones del Escogido from the Dominican Republic beating Venezuela’s Leones del Caracas in the Caribbean Series?
Oh, that. Look, if you want to talk about that parade of commercials and half-dead rock bands that was occasionally interrupted by a football game, Mr. Florio and the gang will certainly have you covered today over at PFT. As far as CTB is concerned, however, last night’s game was significant only insofar as its completion marks the end of our long annual nightmare that is the NFL season and the beginning — more or less — of baseball season.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)