Feb 8, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
What, there was some championship game last night other than Los Leones del Escogido from the Dominican Republic beating Venezuela’s Leones del Caracas in the Caribbean Series?
Oh, that. Look, if you want to talk about that parade of commercials and half-dead rock bands that was occasionally interrupted by a football game, Mr. Florio and the gang will certainly have you covered today over at PFT. As far as CTB is concerned, however, last night’s game was significant only insofar as its completion marks the end of our long annual nightmare that is the NFL season and the beginning — more or less — of baseball season.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)