Feb 8, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
What, there was some championship game last night other than Los Leones del Escogido from the Dominican Republic beating Venezuela’s Leones del Caracas in the Caribbean Series?
Oh, that. Look, if you want to talk about that parade of commercials and half-dead rock bands that was occasionally interrupted by a football game, Mr. Florio and the gang will certainly have you covered today over at PFT. As far as CTB is concerned, however, last night’s game was significant only insofar as its completion marks the end of our long annual nightmare that is the NFL season and the beginning — more or less — of baseball season.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 58
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)