Feb 8, 2010, 12:17 PM EST
I said to my daughter Amy, I said, ‘we’re five outs away from seeing
something that very few people sitting in this ballpark have ever seen,
and that is the Cubs actually going to the World Series.’ As soon as I
said that, (Luis) Castilla hit that foul ball, (Moises) Alou goes up to
get it, and, it turns out, we learned later his name was Steve Bartman,
he interfered with the ball. I was sitting in box seats at the time
and, by the way, I paid for those tickets myself.
– Rod Blagojevich, simultaneously reminding Cubs fans of their worst baseball memory and the fact that their last governor was so corrupt that he has to specifically point out that he didn’t receive playoff tickets via graft.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)