Feb 8, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Dierkes has put together an “all-star” team of players who have yet to be signed. The scare quotes denote the fact that, generally speaking the pickings are slim.
Maybe I’m being overly harsh, but I think maybe four of those guys truly deserve to start in the Majors. A few others have an argument for starting but no one will consider it an injustice if they don’t. A lot of it is plain old dreck.
But, in keeping with the positive attitude today, the fact that the free agent pickings are extraordinarily slim is but yet another sign that the season is getting closer.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)