Feb 8, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Dierkes has put together an “all-star” team of players who have yet to be signed. The scare quotes denote the fact that, generally speaking the pickings are slim.
Maybe I’m being overly harsh, but I think maybe four of those guys truly deserve to start in the Majors. A few others have an argument for starting but no one will consider it an injustice if they don’t. A lot of it is plain old dreck.
But, in keeping with the positive attitude today, the fact that the free agent pickings are extraordinarily slim is but yet another sign that the season is getting closer.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)