Feb 8, 2010, 11:04 AM EST
Dierkes has put together an “all-star” team of players who have yet to be signed. The scare quotes denote the fact that, generally speaking the pickings are slim.
Maybe I’m being overly harsh, but I think maybe four of those guys truly deserve to start in the Majors. A few others have an argument for starting but no one will consider it an injustice if they don’t. A lot of it is plain old dreck.
But, in keeping with the positive attitude today, the fact that the free agent pickings are extraordinarily slim is but yet another sign that the season is getting closer.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)