Feb 8, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
Pluto notes, like everyone else, that Dye’s defense is something of a train wreck anymore, but he also notes something else people overlook when talking about the thump left in his bat: Dye hit .179 with a .590 OPS after the All-Star Break, with only seven homers and 29 RBI. Granted, he’s probably still better than that, but between the uncertainty of how he’ll do, his awful defense and the fact that the Tribe already has a very expensive, full-time DH in Travis Hafner, one wonders how well Dye really fits in Cleveland.
To that end, Pluto mentions that the Indians are also looking at Jonny Gomes and Russell Branyan, each of whom seem like would be better bets.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)