Feb 8, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Pluto notes, like everyone else, that Dye’s defense is something of a train wreck anymore, but he also notes something else people overlook when talking about the thump left in his bat: Dye hit .179 with a .590 OPS after the All-Star Break, with only seven homers and 29 RBI. Granted, he’s probably still better than that, but between the uncertainty of how he’ll do, his awful defense and the fact that the Tribe already has a very expensive, full-time DH in Travis Hafner, one wonders how well Dye really fits in Cleveland.
To that end, Pluto mentions that the Indians are also looking at Jonny Gomes and Russell Branyan, each of whom seem like would be better bets.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (86)