Feb 8, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Pluto notes, like everyone else, that Dye’s defense is something of a train wreck anymore, but he also notes something else people overlook when talking about the thump left in his bat: Dye hit .179 with a .590 OPS after the All-Star Break, with only seven homers and 29 RBI. Granted, he’s probably still better than that, but between the uncertainty of how he’ll do, his awful defense and the fact that the Tribe already has a very expensive, full-time DH in Travis Hafner, one wonders how well Dye really fits in Cleveland.
To that end, Pluto mentions that the Indians are also looking at Jonny Gomes and Russell Branyan, each of whom seem like would be better bets.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)