The Rays' have a new sky blue jersey

Feb 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT

The St. Pete Times has some large pics of the Rays’ new home alternate jersey. Kind of reminds me of a Blue Moon beer. I like Blue Moon but it’s not like I’m crazy about it or anything. I feel kind of the same way about these home alternates.

If the Rays had any guts at all they’d pair these with matching blue pants.  They won’t though because only the Blue Jays have the guts to take fashion chances these days.

1. BC - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Geez, why don’t they just change their name to the Tar Heels?
    PS. Blue Moon is great with a slice of orange in it.

2. ecp - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I wonder why the Rays want to look like the Royals.

3. carlos - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM

These aren’t bad, the caps leave something to be desired. Dare I say these are better than the braves sunday reds. I can’t stand those things.

4. gumbercules - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I kinda dig these. Agree on the sentiment about the BP cap, though. That’s thoroughly vomit-worthy. And Blue Moon is perfect for hot summer afternoons. Refreshing, that.

5. Old Gator - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I always liked the Feather Lice’s fashion sense. That’s Toronto for you. But the Lice don’t have nearly the same problem brightening up the Rogers Center that the Rays do making the Tropicana Dump bearable. Now that’s a real challenge. If they’re going to wear blue, perhaps they ought to change their name from Rays to Bluefin Tuna (and then, as is their want, just shorten it to “Bluefins”). Then – translinguistic pun coming up here, folks – they could solicit Toro Lawnmowers to advertise in there. Meanwhile, I think our pal BC ought to set up a Nardil stand in the lobby of that horrible crypt to keep the fans from sinking into depression just from having to sit in it for two and a half hours at a stretch. Beloved Avalokiteshvara, where did the city fathers of St. Petersburg ever find a Morlock with a degree in architecture?

6. Grant - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Ugh. Blue Moon is too sweet for my taste. I liked it when I was younger, but I suppose I’ve outgrown it.

7. Soup Sandwich - Feb 8, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Call me crazy or even fashion bereft, but I really like the Sky Blues. Of course, I also like the Braves “reds,” too.

8. Rays fan - Feb 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Argh. Baby blue, almost as manly as the dreamsickle orange the Bucs used to wear. Stick to black, PLEASE!

9. willmose - Feb 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Thanks for linking us up with a spyware page! I hope you’ve getting a kickback.

Three legends off to Cooperstown