Feb 9, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
Good news for Arizona Diamondbacks fans: Brandon Webb threw off a mound on Tuesday for the first time since his shoulder surgery in August, and as he tells MLB.com, “[It] went good.”
Webb, a three-time All-Star and winner of the 2006 NL Cy Young Award, made just one start in 2009 due to shoulder pain, then finally had surgery on Aug. 3.
“It was good to get him into the next phase of his rehabilitation,” D-backs manager A.J. Hinch said. “He looked comfortable. This is a positive sign as we’re getting close to Spring Training. I thought he looked good.”
The D-backs will treat Webb carefully in spring training, but the right-hander said he didn’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be ready for the start of the season.
If up to full strength (a huge if), Webb would combine with Dan Haren and Edwin Jackson to give Arizona a fine trio of starters. Though with Ian Kennedy and Billy Buckner likely filling out the rotation, a little added depth wouldn’t hurt.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)