Feb 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: MLB.com’s Bill Ladson hears that the Nationals are “aggressively pursuing” Wang and are “one of the finalists” for his services.
5:23pm: Rosenthal reports that two teams have already made Chien-Ming Wang offers, have watched him pitch multiple times and have even given him a physical. The teams that made said offers have not been identified, but Rosenthal reports that the Mets or Dodgers are not one of them, despite the fact that they probably need him more than anyone.
Wang is expected to make his mind up soon. There’s probably no reason to expect him to pitch in a game until the season is at least a couple months old.
No telling how he’ll do once he’s activated, but he’s a decent gamble for anyone who figures that they’ll gave to make some mid-season pickup for pitching anyway. Which is pretty much everyone most years.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)