Feb 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EST
UPDATE: MLB.com’s Bill Ladson hears that the Nationals are “aggressively pursuing” Wang and are “one of the finalists” for his services.
5:23pm: Rosenthal reports that two teams have already made Chien-Ming Wang offers, have watched him pitch multiple times and have even given him a physical. The teams that made said offers have not been identified, but Rosenthal reports that the Mets or Dodgers are not one of them, despite the fact that they probably need him more than anyone.
Wang is expected to make his mind up soon. There’s probably no reason to expect him to pitch in a game until the season is at least a couple months old.
No telling how he’ll do once he’s activated, but he’s a decent gamble for anyone who figures that they’ll gave to make some mid-season pickup for pitching anyway. Which is pretty much everyone most years.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)