Feb 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: MLB.com’s Bill Ladson hears that the Nationals are “aggressively pursuing” Wang and are “one of the finalists” for his services.
5:23pm: Rosenthal reports that two teams have already made Chien-Ming Wang offers, have watched him pitch multiple times and have even given him a physical. The teams that made said offers have not been identified, but Rosenthal reports that the Mets or Dodgers are not one of them, despite the fact that they probably need him more than anyone.
Wang is expected to make his mind up soon. There’s probably no reason to expect him to pitch in a game until the season is at least a couple months old.
No telling how he’ll do once he’s activated, but he’s a decent gamble for anyone who figures that they’ll gave to make some mid-season pickup for pitching anyway. Which is pretty much everyone most years.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)