Feb 9, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Want to know why Johnny Damon, who hit 24 homers and scored 107 runs last season, hasn’t signed with a team as of February 9? Because he’s holding out for a two-year contract. Or so says FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi.
Damon, 36, has drawn interest recently from the Tigers, Braves and Rays, though none of those clubs seem interested in his current asking price. His agent, Scott Boras, is even trying to sell the outfielder to the city of Detroit, telling the Detroit Free Press Tuesday that Damon loves the Detroit Red Wings, especially hometown hero Steve Yzerman. Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski doesn’t appear to be biting.
“We continue to monitor everything,” Dombrowski said Tuesday, when asked
generally about the market. “I am not sure if we are close on
Boras claims to have “four or five” offers on the table. It’s a little hard to believe, though, isn’t it?
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)