Feb 9, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles have some interest in Jarrod Washburn. Oh wait, no they don’t. Well, maybe they do. Who knows?
Fox reported the Washburn interest initially, and also mentioned that the team had “discussed” Chien-Ming Wang.
But Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that you can pretty much rule out both pitchers, as the team has not had “recent talks” with the agent for either player. He does mention that Washburn could be a possibility if his price drops, although I suppose if it drops far enough that could be true of any team. I mean, I’d be interested in buying a Ferrari if the price drops, too. Not that I’m comparing Washburn to a Ferrari, mind you (more like a Fiat, I suppose).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)