Feb 9, 2010, 9:09 PM EST
The Baltimore Orioles have some interest in Jarrod Washburn. Oh wait, no they don’t. Well, maybe they do. Who knows?
Fox reported the Washburn interest initially, and also mentioned that the team had “discussed” Chien-Ming Wang.
But Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that you can pretty much rule out both pitchers, as the team has not had “recent talks” with the agent for either player. He does mention that Washburn could be a possibility if his price drops, although I suppose if it drops far enough that could be true of any team. I mean, I’d be interested in buying a Ferrari if the price drops, too. Not that I’m comparing Washburn to a Ferrari, mind you (more like a Fiat, I suppose).
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)