Feb 9, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles have some interest in Jarrod Washburn. Oh wait, no they don’t. Well, maybe they do. Who knows?
Fox reported the Washburn interest initially, and also mentioned that the team had “discussed” Chien-Ming Wang.
But Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that you can pretty much rule out both pitchers, as the team has not had “recent talks” with the agent for either player. He does mention that Washburn could be a possibility if his price drops, although I suppose if it drops far enough that could be true of any team. I mean, I’d be interested in buying a Ferrari if the price drops, too. Not that I’m comparing Washburn to a Ferrari, mind you (more like a Fiat, I suppose).
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)