Feb 9, 2010, 9:09 PM EST
The Baltimore Orioles have some interest in Jarrod Washburn. Oh wait, no they don’t. Well, maybe they do. Who knows?
Fox reported the Washburn interest initially, and also mentioned that the team had “discussed” Chien-Ming Wang.
But Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that you can pretty much rule out both pitchers, as the team has not had “recent talks” with the agent for either player. He does mention that Washburn could be a possibility if his price drops, although I suppose if it drops far enough that could be true of any team. I mean, I’d be interested in buying a Ferrari if the price drops, too. Not that I’m comparing Washburn to a Ferrari, mind you (more like a Fiat, I suppose).
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 228
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (231)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)