Feb 10, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
Some of Brent Mayne’s commenters pointed out to him that the J.T. Snow story from this morning didn’t add up and Mayne quickly and transparently updated. Upshot: he knows it was J.T. and he knows it was the Yankees. He admits he got the circumstances and the outcome wrong, however, and thinks that maybe the tipped pitch resulted in a line out or something.
Fair enough. Like I said in the comments this morning: this ain’t exactly Watergate. It’s just one of those things we all gab about until the baseball happens.
But I gotta say, I’m impressed with Brent Mayne for immediately updating. There are a lot of baseball writers out there who lord their status as Professional Journalists over the bloggers, amateur or otherwise. These same people never admit their mistakes, never make corrections, and charge forward as if they’d never written or uttered a sideways word in their lives. I have almost always found, however, that the bloggers will admit when they’re wrong, offer conspicuous correction and explain themselves when necessary.
In this Mayne is keeping up with the best traditions of the web. We draw and shoot fast, sure, but we also own up when we screw up. Much more human than the alternative, don’t you think?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)