Feb 10, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
Carlos Delgado reportedly can’t walk and even the Mets have passed on him, but that hasn’t deterred the guy:
Florida spoke with ex-Marlins first baseman Carlos Delgado’s agent and would have interest in him as a low-money backup/pinch hitter. But Delgado wants substantial money and playing time.
Substantial money and playing time? Delgado and Johnny Damon should just go in halfsies on the Extra Innings package, because at the rate they’re going that’s the closest they’re gonna get to the action.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)