Feb 10, 2010, 11:26 PM EST
Nomar Garciaparra hasn’t announced he’s retiring yet, but as spring training nears, it’s looking more and more like that decision is being made for him. So what is a six-time All-Star who hasn’t had a good season since 2006 to do?
Well, become a broadcaster of course. According to NESN, Garciaparra auditioned for both ESPN and the MLB Network on Tuesday.
Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe had these kind words to write about Nomar’s potential entry into media life:
What a fraud. Nobody hated the media more with less cause than our guy Nomie.
Judging by this video, it looks like Garciaparra is about as excited to be on TV as he was to talk to Shaughnessy.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)