Feb 10, 2010, 11:26 PM EDT
Nomar Garciaparra hasn’t announced he’s retiring yet, but as spring training nears, it’s looking more and more like that decision is being made for him. So what is a six-time All-Star who hasn’t had a good season since 2006 to do?
Well, become a broadcaster of course. According to NESN, Garciaparra auditioned for both ESPN and the MLB Network on Tuesday.
Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe had these kind words to write about Nomar’s potential entry into media life:
What a fraud. Nobody hated the media more with less cause than our guy Nomie.
Judging by this video, it looks like Garciaparra is about as excited to be on TV as he was to talk to Shaughnessy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)