Feb 10, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Give a guy $80 million and he’ll wear any hat you want him to. Starter. Team leader. Scout:
Justin Verlander said the throws have life on them, more than he
saw last year. He talked about making adjustments, going back to the
basics. He’s really excited about the progress. He wasn’t talking about himself. He was talking about Jeremy Bonderman . . .
. . . “We play catch together most of the time, and he’s got a lot of life on
the ball,” Verlander said last week. “And that’s something that I
hadn’t seen over the last year or so. I’m really excited about where
Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer are a nice start, but an effective Jeremy Bonderman could be the difference between Detroit winning the division or coming in third.
Still, we’re deep into “best shape of his life” season, so it’s too early to get excited about this sort of thing.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)