Feb 10, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Give a guy $80 million and he’ll wear any hat you want him to. Starter. Team leader. Scout:
Justin Verlander said the throws have life on them, more than he
saw last year. He talked about making adjustments, going back to the
basics. He’s really excited about the progress. He wasn’t talking about himself. He was talking about Jeremy Bonderman . . .
. . . “We play catch together most of the time, and he’s got a lot of life on
the ball,” Verlander said last week. “And that’s something that I
hadn’t seen over the last year or so. I’m really excited about where
Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer are a nice start, but an effective Jeremy Bonderman could be the difference between Detroit winning the division or coming in third.
Still, we’re deep into “best shape of his life” season, so it’s too early to get excited about this sort of thing.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (375)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)