Feb 10, 2010, 11:23 AM EDT
Yahoo!’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants and Lincecum are going to square-off in arbitration on Friday. Mel Antonen reports that union honcho Michael Weiner will be there in person, which is pretty interesting.
Brown asks a question in his tweet: “Why are the Giants picking this fight?”
I’ve been critical of the Giants here too, but upon reflection, unless and until we learn that the Giants haven’t been throwing any halfway decent offers in Lincecum’s direction, we should probably accept the possibility that Lincecum is the one picking this fight.
No matter what happens, if Lincecum loses and gets $8 million they ought to just abolish arbitration the next day, because it will have revealed itself to be totally worthless.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)