Feb 10, 2010, 11:23 AM EST
Yahoo!’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants and Lincecum are going to square-off in arbitration on Friday. Mel Antonen reports that union honcho Michael Weiner will be there in person, which is pretty interesting.
Brown asks a question in his tweet: “Why are the Giants picking this fight?”
I’ve been critical of the Giants here too, but upon reflection, unless and until we learn that the Giants haven’t been throwing any halfway decent offers in Lincecum’s direction, we should probably accept the possibility that Lincecum is the one picking this fight.
No matter what happens, if Lincecum loses and gets $8 million they ought to just abolish arbitration the next day, because it will have revealed itself to be totally worthless.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)