Feb 10, 2010, 11:23 AM EDT
Yahoo!’s Tim Brown reports that the Giants and Lincecum are going to square-off in arbitration on Friday. Mel Antonen reports that union honcho Michael Weiner will be there in person, which is pretty interesting.
Brown asks a question in his tweet: “Why are the Giants picking this fight?”
I’ve been critical of the Giants here too, but upon reflection, unless and until we learn that the Giants haven’t been throwing any halfway decent offers in Lincecum’s direction, we should probably accept the possibility that Lincecum is the one picking this fight.
No matter what happens, if Lincecum loses and gets $8 million they ought to just abolish arbitration the next day, because it will have revealed itself to be totally worthless.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)