Feb 10, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: Maybe the debunking needs debunking. The NYT’s Tyler Kepner notes
that no reporter is closer to Chien-Ming Wang than Pete Abraham is, and
he backs Abe’s report that the Nats and Wang are going to get
together. Perhaps all that happened after Abe’s report was that a
nervous agent merely told some people that nothing formal can be
And it does seem that other suitors are out of the picture. Two hours ago Heyman reported that the Dodgers were interested in Wang. Then, an hour ago he reported
that L.A. “pulled out of the Wang debry.” Of course, given that there
may be a deal with Washington already there, it’s possible that Wang
10:13 A.M.: Buster Olney and others are now debunking Abraham’s report. The story remains: the Nats are a “finalist” but Wang hasn’t made up his mind and probably won’t for 7-10 days.
As you were.
8:55 A.M.: Pete Abraham tweets that Chien-Ming Wang has decided to accept an offer from the Nationals.
Good move for the Nats. He’s probably not going to cost a ton, and he’ll be around later in the season when their young guys could use some innings relief. Still don’t know why the Dodgers or Mets didn’t take a flyer on him.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)