Feb 11, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Bob Bowman has been the CEO of Major League Baseball Advanced Media since its inception. It’s been a fabulous success, and Bowman has deservedly received kudos for it. He may be looking for a new job, however:
An official in Major League Baseball has formed a committee to explore a run for Michigan’s Democratic gubernatorial nomination.
Robert Bowman is a former Michigan state treasurer and currently the
chief executive of baseball’s online and interactive media operation.
He filed the political paperwork Thursday with the Michigan secretary
You’ll know how serious he is about running based on the number of negative articles you see about the Tigers on MLB.com this summer.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)