Feb 11, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Bob Bowman has been the CEO of Major League Baseball Advanced Media since its inception. It’s been a fabulous success, and Bowman has deservedly received kudos for it. He may be looking for a new job, however:
An official in Major League Baseball has formed a committee to explore a run for Michigan’s Democratic gubernatorial nomination.
Robert Bowman is a former Michigan state treasurer and currently the
chief executive of baseball’s online and interactive media operation.
He filed the political paperwork Thursday with the Michigan secretary
You’ll know how serious he is about running based on the number of negative articles you see about the Tigers on MLB.com this summer.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Report: Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player, not just as a manager (148)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- First-ever female baseball player added to MLB’s international registration list (104)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)