Feb 12, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
In light of yesterday’s two-year, $14 million offer to Johnny Damon, I had a Deep Thought: If you’re Dave Dombrowski how on Earth are you supposed to negotiate with players and their agents if they know that Mike Ilitch may just come in and blow the budget whenever it strikes his fancy?
Seems like credibility would, you know, matter a bit in that line of work. And thanks to the team’s owner, Dombrowski has way less of it any time he tells someone that the money just ain’t there.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)