Feb 12, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
In light of yesterday’s two-year, $14 million offer to Johnny Damon, I had a Deep Thought: If you’re Dave Dombrowski how on Earth are you supposed to negotiate with players and their agents if they know that Mike Ilitch may just come in and blow the budget whenever it strikes his fancy?
Seems like credibility would, you know, matter a bit in that line of work. And thanks to the team’s owner, Dombrowski has way less of it any time he tells someone that the money just ain’t there.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)