Feb 12, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
It’s not likely that any of you care about J.R. House. Nor should you be expected to I suppose. He had a grand total of 63 major league plate appearances with a line of .167/.206/.367 for three teams. He had a much more respectable .302/.363/.475 in 3886 plate appearances in ten minor league seasons, mostly in the Pirates organization.
But he’s a West Virginia boy, as I consider myself to be, so I’ve always paid attention to whatever it was he was doing for the past decade or so. I never had any illusions that he was gonna make a big splash, but I always kind of hoped he’d make it. According to a story in today’s Charleston Gazette, however, he hasn’t gotten a call to be anyone’s organizational soldier this winter, so it’s quite possible that he’s staring a coaching career in the face.
Frank Thomas. J.R. House. And so it goes.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)