Feb 12, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s not likely that any of you care about J.R. House. Nor should you be expected to I suppose. He had a grand total of 63 major league plate appearances with a line of .167/.206/.367 for three teams. He had a much more respectable .302/.363/.475 in 3886 plate appearances in ten minor league seasons, mostly in the Pirates organization.
But he’s a West Virginia boy, as I consider myself to be, so I’ve always paid attention to whatever it was he was doing for the past decade or so. I never had any illusions that he was gonna make a big splash, but I always kind of hoped he’d make it. According to a story in today’s Charleston Gazette, however, he hasn’t gotten a call to be anyone’s organizational soldier this winter, so it’s quite possible that he’s staring a coaching career in the face.
Frank Thomas. J.R. House. And so it goes.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 7
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 12
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 133
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (133)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)