Feb 12, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s not likely that any of you care about J.R. House. Nor should you be expected to I suppose. He had a grand total of 63 major league plate appearances with a line of .167/.206/.367 for three teams. He had a much more respectable .302/.363/.475 in 3886 plate appearances in ten minor league seasons, mostly in the Pirates organization.
But he’s a West Virginia boy, as I consider myself to be, so I’ve always paid attention to whatever it was he was doing for the past decade or so. I never had any illusions that he was gonna make a big splash, but I always kind of hoped he’d make it. According to a story in today’s Charleston Gazette, however, he hasn’t gotten a call to be anyone’s organizational soldier this winter, so it’s quite possible that he’s staring a coaching career in the face.
Frank Thomas. J.R. House. And so it goes.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)