Feb 12, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
Orioles’ starter Brad Bergesen will not be able to throw in spring training for at least 10 days after pitchers and
catchers report because he strained his right shoulder during the filming of a TV commercial in early
“Obviously, I hadn’t picked up a ball. I’m kicking myself in the head
about it. That’s really what it was from. Not working on a mound up to
that point,” Bergesen said. “I just jumped up on the mound and gave it
a go. I was trying to be game speed. I was trying to be realistic as
possible with it.
“The production company that came in wanted it to be as realistic as
possible. And I was trying to please and I got caught up in a moment.”
The punchline: if he doesn’t recover as expected and the O’s pitching staff implodes, it’ll be Dave Trembley who will lose his job! Ha!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (73)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (71)