Feb 12, 2010, 12:20 PM EDT
Earlier we passed along word that John Smoltz may wait until mid-season to sign someplace. Based on this report from the New York Times, however, Smoltz may be waiting a hell of a lot longer than that, because according to them he wants $3 million.
The seems like an awful lot for a guy who, while he turned it around a bit in St. Louis last year, represents nothing close to a sure upgrade, in-season or otherwise.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)