Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Why? Because of some people who think they’re so important just because they, like, run the entire world and everything:
The American League team has been advised to “be aware” that the
gathering of the G20 developed and developing nations, slated to take
place in Toronto on June 26 and 27, could force the Jays to reschedule
one or more of their games.
This is serious concern. After all, you’ll recall that last year’s G-20 meeting took place in Pittsburgh while the Pirates were on a homestand. The chaos caused by the meetings led to the Pirates-Reds game drawing the lowest attendance in the history of PNC Park.
Well, it was either the summit meeting or the fact that it was a late-September game between the Pirates and Reds. Hard to say, really.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)