Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Why? Because of some people who think they’re so important just because they, like, run the entire world and everything:
The American League team has been advised to “be aware” that the
gathering of the G20 developed and developing nations, slated to take
place in Toronto on June 26 and 27, could force the Jays to reschedule
one or more of their games.
This is serious concern. After all, you’ll recall that last year’s G-20 meeting took place in Pittsburgh while the Pirates were on a homestand. The chaos caused by the meetings led to the Pirates-Reds game drawing the lowest attendance in the history of PNC Park.
Well, it was either the summit meeting or the fact that it was a late-September game between the Pirates and Reds. Hard to say, really.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)