Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Why? Because of some people who think they’re so important just because they, like, run the entire world and everything:
The American League team has been advised to “be aware” that the
gathering of the G20 developed and developing nations, slated to take
place in Toronto on June 26 and 27, could force the Jays to reschedule
one or more of their games.
This is serious concern. After all, you’ll recall that last year’s G-20 meeting took place in Pittsburgh while the Pirates were on a homestand. The chaos caused by the meetings led to the Pirates-Reds game drawing the lowest attendance in the history of PNC Park.
Well, it was either the summit meeting or the fact that it was a late-September game between the Pirates and Reds. Hard to say, really.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)