Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Why? Because of some people who think they’re so important just because they, like, run the entire world and everything:
The American League team has been advised to “be aware” that the
gathering of the G20 developed and developing nations, slated to take
place in Toronto on June 26 and 27, could force the Jays to reschedule
one or more of their games.
This is serious concern. After all, you’ll recall that last year’s G-20 meeting took place in Pittsburgh while the Pirates were on a homestand. The chaos caused by the meetings led to the Pirates-Reds game drawing the lowest attendance in the history of PNC Park.
Well, it was either the summit meeting or the fact that it was a late-September game between the Pirates and Reds. Hard to say, really.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 3
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)