Feb 13, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com unleashed a flurry of tweets from the Marlins’ FanFest at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday. Among them:
- The Marlins have no interest in former first baseman and current free agent Carlos Delgado, or Russell Branyan for that matter.
- Even after adding Mike Lamb on a minor league contract, the Fish are monitoring the free agent market for a left-handed bat off the bench. In a separate tweet, Frisaro mentions that Hank Blalock is a possibility. Where Delgado and Branyan are limited to first base, Blalock could play third base in a pinch.
- As we hear plenty of “best shape of my life” stories, here’s something new, a player actually gaining weight: Closer Leo Nunez packed on 8-10 pounds over the offseason and now sits at 190 pounds.
- Lastly, Frisaro mentions that the 2015 All-Star Game could be held at the Marlins’ new stadium, set to open in 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld