Feb 13, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com unleashed a flurry of tweets from the Marlins’ FanFest at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday. Among them:
- The Marlins have no interest in former first baseman and current free agent Carlos Delgado, or Russell Branyan for that matter.
- Even after adding Mike Lamb on a minor league contract, the Fish are monitoring the free agent market for a left-handed bat off the bench. In a separate tweet, Frisaro mentions that Hank Blalock is a possibility. Where Delgado and Branyan are limited to first base, Blalock could play third base in a pinch.
- As we hear plenty of “best shape of my life” stories, here’s something new, a player actually gaining weight: Closer Leo Nunez packed on 8-10 pounds over the offseason and now sits at 190 pounds.
- Lastly, Frisaro mentions that the 2015 All-Star Game could be held at the Marlins’ new stadium, set to open in 2012.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld