Feb 13, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com unleashed a flurry of tweets from the Marlins’ FanFest at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday. Among them:
- The Marlins have no interest in former first baseman and current free agent Carlos Delgado, or Russell Branyan for that matter.
- Even after adding Mike Lamb on a minor league contract, the Fish are monitoring the free agent market for a left-handed bat off the bench. In a separate tweet, Frisaro mentions that Hank Blalock is a possibility. Where Delgado and Branyan are limited to first base, Blalock could play third base in a pinch.
- As we hear plenty of “best shape of my life” stories, here’s something new, a player actually gaining weight: Closer Leo Nunez packed on 8-10 pounds over the offseason and now sits at 190 pounds.
- Lastly, Frisaro mentions that the 2015 All-Star Game could be held at the Marlins’ new stadium, set to open in 2012.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld