Feb 13, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com unleashed a flurry of tweets from the Marlins’ FanFest at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday. Among them:
- The Marlins have no interest in former first baseman and current free agent Carlos Delgado, or Russell Branyan for that matter.
- Even after adding Mike Lamb on a minor league contract, the Fish are monitoring the free agent market for a left-handed bat off the bench. In a separate tweet, Frisaro mentions that Hank Blalock is a possibility. Where Delgado and Branyan are limited to first base, Blalock could play third base in a pinch.
- As we hear plenty of “best shape of my life” stories, here’s something new, a player actually gaining weight: Closer Leo Nunez packed on 8-10 pounds over the offseason and now sits at 190 pounds.
- Lastly, Frisaro mentions that the 2015 All-Star Game could be held at the Marlins’ new stadium, set to open in 2012.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld