Feb 13, 2010, 11:31 AM EST
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com tweets that there hasn’t been any progress in contract talks between right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Diamondbacks. Jackson filed for $6.25 million and was offered $4.6 million when arbitration figures were exchanged last month.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic previously reported that the Diamondbacks were looking to buy Jackson’s final two years of arbitration. He earned $2.2 million last season. If the two sides are unable to reach some sort of resolution, they’ll meet for a hearing next Wednesday.
Jackson, 26, was 13-9 with a 3.62 ERA and 1.26 WHIP with the Tigers last season. He was acquired along with right-hander Ian Kennedy as part of December’s three-way trade with the Tigers and Yankees.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)