Feb 13, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com tweets that there hasn’t been any progress in contract talks between right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Diamondbacks. Jackson filed for $6.25 million and was offered $4.6 million when arbitration figures were exchanged last month.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic previously reported that the Diamondbacks were looking to buy Jackson’s final two years of arbitration. He earned $2.2 million last season. If the two sides are unable to reach some sort of resolution, they’ll meet for a hearing next Wednesday.
Jackson, 26, was 13-9 with a 3.62 ERA and 1.26 WHIP with the Tigers last season. He was acquired along with right-hander Ian Kennedy as part of December’s three-way trade with the Tigers and Yankees.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 0
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 53
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games