Feb 13, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com tweets that there hasn’t been any progress in contract talks between right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Diamondbacks. Jackson filed for $6.25 million and was offered $4.6 million when arbitration figures were exchanged last month.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic previously reported that the Diamondbacks were looking to buy Jackson’s final two years of arbitration. He earned $2.2 million last season. If the two sides are unable to reach some sort of resolution, they’ll meet for a hearing next Wednesday.
Jackson, 26, was 13-9 with a 3.62 ERA and 1.26 WHIP with the Tigers last season. He was acquired along with right-hander Ian Kennedy as part of December’s three-way trade with the Tigers and Yankees.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 12
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 23
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 25
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)