Feb 14, 2010, 1:49 PM EDT
If you’re a Dodgers fan, or simply love tracking millionaire divorce proceedings, Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports has a massive Sunday column chock-full of updates on the ongoing marital battle between Frank and Jamie McCourt.
The proceedings have obviously centered around ownership of the Dodgers and the two sides have very different ideas of how the franchise should be divvied up. In a nutshell, Frank wants sole ownership of the club while Jamie is requesting half. Interestingly, entertainment lawyer Bert Fields believes the Dodgers will be better off as a whole if Jamie gets her way.
“Unlike Jamie, I don’t think Frank is willing to spend what Jamie will
to keep them competitive,” Fields said. “You might ask him how much
money he took out of the organization last year. You might be surprised.
Rather than spend it on pitching.”
The Dodgers have a solid core of young stars with Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw and Jonathan Broxton in tow, but it has been an uninspiring offseason in Los Angeles thus far. There are legitimate concerns that the McCourts’ messy divorce will leave the club without a clearly defined budget and without much direction at the top. Those youngsters have to be re-signed eventually.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit