Feb 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Because there’s not a heck of lot else going on, MLB.com’s Tom Singer gives you an All-Star name full of players with presidents’ names. Three observations:
(1) No Billy Pierce?
(2) If it weren’t for that scoundrel Rutherford B. Hayes and his cronies, Former Giants and Cardinals catcher David William Tilden Zearfoss would have a place on this team; and
(2) Former Baseball Toaster blogger, current Presidential blogger and longtime ShysterBall/HBT reader Bob Timmermann could probably come up with a better roster.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27