Feb 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Because there’s not a heck of lot else going on, MLB.com’s Tom Singer gives you an All-Star name full of players with presidents’ names. Three observations:
(1) No Billy Pierce?
(2) If it weren’t for that scoundrel Rutherford B. Hayes and his cronies, Former Giants and Cardinals catcher David William Tilden Zearfoss would have a place on this team; and
(2) Former Baseball Toaster blogger, current Presidential blogger and longtime ShysterBall/HBT reader Bob Timmermann could probably come up with a better roster.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8