Feb 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Because there’s not a heck of lot else going on, MLB.com’s Tom Singer gives you an All-Star name full of players with presidents’ names. Three observations:
(1) No Billy Pierce?
(2) If it weren’t for that scoundrel Rutherford B. Hayes and his cronies, Former Giants and Cardinals catcher David William Tilden Zearfoss would have a place on this team; and
(2) Former Baseball Toaster blogger, current Presidential blogger and longtime ShysterBall/HBT reader Bob Timmermann could probably come up with a better roster.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)